Sunday, October 14, 2007

World of Warcraft Character Was Bought for $10,000

No not my character, though I wish it were me. This news is a little old, but its about a character named Zeuzo from a guild called Method on Sylvanas(EU). After getting both pieces to make The Twin Blades of Azzinoth the account was sold to a person by the name of Shaks. Which was banned by blizzard very shortly afterwards. The story made BBC headlines back in September with an interview of some of the guild members. All I can say is wow, I'm happy making a bucks here and there, but thats a lot of money. It just goes to show you that the virtual economy is alive and well. As long as there are people willing to pay for other people's time to get items, there will always be a market to sell those items. I guess this is one reason I'm sticking to selling gold too since items are alot easier to track, especially ones that only a few people have out of the millions that play World of Warcraft.

0 comments: